Saturday 19 May 2012

Hello Latvia! It's that time again, The European Snooker Championships of 2012 have come around so quickly. 

It's difficult to believe just under 12 months ago we were in Sofia, Bulgaria for the 2011 EBSA tournament. If this one is half  as successful then we all should be in for a very good tournament.

I'm in a very fortunate position to be again representing Northern Ireland at a major European event, one that I enjoy tremendously both for the competition and the camaraderie, although it will probably be my last, as family, work and severe lack of playing time are taking their toll. I will surely take this opportunity to savor the event for a final time.

So once my participation was confirmed by NIBSA Chairman Joe McGonnell and Secretary Brian Richmond it was a case of getting the Atlas off the shelf, book flights and start practicing (well, think about practicing, can never get around to it!)

This year Tournament is held in Daugavpils, Latvia at the grandly titled Olympic Sport Centre which reminds me a bit of the Ice Hockey stadium we competed at in the 2008 Championships in Poland. Time to start doing some 'research'.

No comments:

Post a Comment